Re: CSS, css, etc. [css layout should be symmetrical]

Vadim Plessky wrote:

>There is a CSS3, and there is no reason to implement *old* stuff when you can
>go directly to a newer one.

Where ? Can you show us a REC ? Or at least a CR version of the Tables
CSS 3 module ?

>Theoretically, that's right.
>But I did some research in that direction - and it shows that neither Mozilla
>nor MS IE can render CSS2 'table-*' properties. Konqueror handles it much
>better but still fails on some tetss.
>Well, to be fare: MS never said that they support CSS2.
>Can you explain Mozilla's position on this, please?

I can explain.
And I can explain very easily : your test is just wrong. I have in front
of me right now a table made with DIVs with the 'display' values needed
for table, row and cell.
Btw, there is only one "table-*" property and a little bit more
"table-*" display values.

>Well, than we face more fundamental question: wether HTML should be used?..

Ah, if we now reach religious matters and studies about the existence of
parallel worlds, I am off to bed.

</Daniel>

--
Daniel Glazman                                    Composer & CSS Engine
Netscape Communications Corp.                      glazman@netscape.com