Re: Treemodel look-a-like syntax for CSS: possible ?

Dne 16. prosinec 2002, Robert..., <wilde825@planet.nl> napsal:

[...]
> But the way with nesting representing the document would be more like this!:
>
> new css look would be like:
> * { font-family: Verdana; font-size: 10pt; }   /* Standard font for all elements */
>
> form.stlFormElement
> {
>     div
>     {   color: red;
>
>         span
>         {
>             label
>             {
>                 margin-left: 10px;
>                 margin-right: 5px;
>             }
>             input
>             {   font-weight: bold; }
>         }
>     }
>     input
>     {   padding: 5px; }
>     span
>     {   font-size: 8pt; }
> }
>
> Is this possible ? Would it be usefull (I think so) and if it would, could it be possible to use in the new css recc. ? :S

I am not sure this would be very usefull
1) It would not be compatible with current CSS specs, so it would
take a lot time to be implemented in browsers
2) It does not bring anythink new (everything what can be achieveed
the way you propose, can be achieved in the normal way)
3) It would cause ambiguities while parsing the stylesheet - consider
a document in xml:

{
  color       /* the parser does not know yet, whether this is an XML
tag or  a CSS property */
}

Michal Marek

--
http://cyklopraha.cz/
http://happyhouserentals.com/ (I am overtaking this one firs, code

Reklama:
Internet MALL.cz - Vanocni nakupy v pohode (Nyni mimoradne slevy az 20%!)
http://www.mall.cz