Re: CSS parser recovery

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> It is very simple, the spec simply provides no allowance for a block on the
> property side of the colon. [snip]

The bits you quote explain what the _valid_ syntax is.

We already know the syntax isn't valid, that's why we're looking at this
in the first place.

> Conclusion:
>
> The spec allows for (nested) block(s) after an @rule, a selector, and in a
> value and nowhere else.

Sure. But if you find one there _anyway_, then you have to parse it a
nested block, because a declaration block is a block, and:

# A block starts with a left curly brace ({) and ends with the matching
# right curly brace (}). In between there may be any characters, except
# that parentheses (()), brackets ([]) and braces ({}) always occur in
# matching pairs and may be nested.