Re: Backgrounds in CSS3

On Thursday, August 22, 2002, 11:01:44 PM, you wrote:
> background:
>  blue url(/image/calloutbg.gif) repeat-y scroll 0% 0%,
>  blue url(/image/callouttop.gif) no-repeat scroll 0% 0%,
>  blue url(/image/calloutbottom.gif norepeat scroll 0% 100%;
> }
>
> The idea is that three background descriptions would be applied in
> order with the later descriptions overlaping the one below.

I'd like to call for something similar to this too, but I'm not
entirely sure what the best way of implementing it is.

Recently I've been getting into the trap of having several div
elements just to apply more than one background to some text, which
isn't elegant at all.

It would be so much easier if you could layer background images on top
of each other on one element through CSS.

Maybe this would be better done with a pseudo class or element? I'm
not too sure.

--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/