Re: What are Semantics? (Was: Serving generic XML)

On 8/19/02 12:56 PM, "Svgdeveloper@aol.com" <Svgdeveloper@aol.com> wrote:

> It seems to me that we need to be clearer about terminology since two,
> seemingly intelligent, individuals interpret the semantic richness and poverty
> of XML in two diametrically opposed ways.

I agree Andrew.  I _think_ the difference is in what is provided and what
potential is enabled.  XML 1.0 by itself provides _very_ minimal semantics,
just xml:lang AFAIK.  However XML 1.0 enables the development of very rich
semantic vocabularies.

Some folks see the sand, some folks imagine the sand castles that could be
constructed with the sand.

Tantek