Re: New drafts, CSS 2.1, css3-webfonts, css3-fonts, css3-background, css3-ui

On Monday, August 5, 2002, 10:31:43 AM, you wrote:
> CSS level 2 revision 1
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-CSS21-20020802/

While I feel that incorporating errata and cleaning up the specification is a
good thing, I'm not too sure about this practice of removing properties and
values.

After all, isn't the idea of CSS to be as backwards-compatible as possible? To
me, it doesn't make sense removing things simply because they haven't been
widely implemented yet.

Could someone possibly clarify the reasoning behind the major changes? For
instance, why drop downloadable cursors just after a major browser (IE6/win) has
implemented them? How does keeping them in the specification cause a problem?

Cheers
--
Tom Gilder
http://tom.me.uk/