Re: line-height and reality

At 03:50 PM 4/10/2002 -0400, Christopher Basken wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to use line-height to line my text up with a background
>pattern.  The background has very faint lines running across the page
>horizontally (like lines in note paper) every 18 pixels.  I've set my
>font's line-height to 18px, but it doesn't seem to hold true over the
>length of the page.  Any thoughts?
>
>Thanks,
>Chris

Okay, let me clarify -- the positioning works fine when it's just a mass of
text.  When I introduce <p> breaks, it starts to get off-track, so to
speak.  I've tried giving the p a line-height of 18px (and even a font-size
of 12px, which is what my text size is), but it's not helping.

How would I get the <p> to behave?