Re: visibility:collapse revisited

Troy Rollo <troy@rollo.com>  wrote:

 > could be used to collapse such rows as a group. This would differ
from the
 > TBODY tag in that row spanning cells could span ROWGROUPs, whereas they
 > cannot span TBODYs and ROWGROUPs could be nested. For example:

I'd suggest that in most, if not all, cases where designers
would think they want to do this, they are really trying to
simulate an HTML list structure with tables, in order to
avoid list markers and the default rendering for lists.
As a proper CSS2 implementation would allow them to
control the presentation of such features, they ought
to use lists on any browser that was up to date enough
to use the proposed ROWGROUP element.

Specifically, I'm thinking about multilevel pull down menus.