Re: CSS3: default namespace

The mechanism for specifying a default namespace has been there from the
beginning.

The syntax is:
@namespace url(...);

The prefix part is optional.

Expect to see the definition of the @namespace rule within the CSS3 syntax /
grammar module (along with all the other @rules).

Namespaces on Attribute selectors is described in section 6.3.3 of the
current Selectors module.

You may want to refer to the original proposal if you want to see it all in
one place (nothing regarding namespaces has really changed since then).

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-namespace/

With the move to modularize CSS3 the Namespace proposal wound up getting
split apart a bit. Everything about them except the @rule really does belong
in with the selector definitions. I expect to see cross reference links
appear as the modules progress...

Peter