RE: Extended URL for [I]Frames (revived)

Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk> wrote:

> [DJW:] Layers have never existed; they are a Netscape
> proprietory feature; I don't think they are even supported
> by Netscape 6.  The intention, ever since the
> publication of the HTML 4.0 specification has been that
> you should use elements positioned using style sheets.

I have tried in the past to use stylesheets to achieve the same effect
as frames, but have not succeeded - I can't get the menu at the side
to stay still while the main body scrolls, and I can't get the frames
to take up the whole screen if there isn't enough content.

Are there any tutorials anywhere explaining how to go about this?

Thanks,

Ian
--
IndigoVision Ltd                           http://www.indigovision.com/
The Edinburgh Technopole,  Bush  Loan,  Edinburgh,  EH26  0PJ