Re: CSS3 User Interface Key equivalents

From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
To: www-style@w3.org
Subject: CSS3 User Interface Key equivalents
Date: Thu, May 3, 2001, 8:55 PM

> I was wondering if anybody could enlighten me about any of the stranger
> keys mentioned in the CSS3 User Interface working draft. In particular
> I'm trying to find out about:
>
> fcn: Is this the FCN key available on some cell phones like the Motorola
> Timeport? If not what is it?
>
> namemenu: What is this? Where would you find it?
>
> rcl: What is this? Where would you find it?
>
> snd: What is this? Where would you find it?
>
> clr: Is this Clear?
>
> sto: What is this? Where would you find it?

fcn, namemenu, rcl, snd, sto, clr are all from my ancient (some might say
"retro" at this point) 1995 vintage Motorola Micro TAC Ultra Lite
Digital/Analog dual mode cell phone.

> cut:
> copy:
> paste:
>
> And has anyone actually seen a keyborard with these four keys?

all from a Mac keyboard.  (note: some Mac keyboards have these as "defaults"
for F2-F4, and some have separate keys).

Tantek

This can't be just coincidence.             http://www.microsoft.com/mac/ie/