Re: CSS 2: Table Cells and the "line-height" Property

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Eric Meyer wrote:

> [snip very good summary]
>
> We humans may find this annoying [...]

Well, some of us do, I find it fine. :-)

>     So: how about asking implementors to include a UA style which
> states something along the lines of:
>
>     td > img, th > img {vertical-align: bottom;}
>
> Would that be terribly inappropriate? [...]
>
>     If this solution offends, consider allowing it in
> bugwards-compatible mode and not in strict mode and see if you're
> quite so offended.  If so, then let's hear why.

That's pretty much what has been done in Mozilla / Netscape 6.x.

--
Ian Hickson                                            )\     _. - ._.)   fL
Invited Expert, CSS Working Group                     /. `- '  (  `--'