RE: inter-area text-flow

> From:	Mjumbe Ukweli [SMTP:mjumbewu@hotmail.com]
>
> i don't mean to push the subject, but would anyone be able to tell me why
> positioning properties could not have multiple values in order to allow
> for
> multi-area text-flow...

[DJW:]  You are going to need to define overflow and
underflow rules.  What happens if the user likes a smaller
font than the one for which you designed (can save on paper
when printing)?  What happens if the user has poor eyesight
and chooses a larger font?  If you are not prepared to accept
alternative font metrics, you are using the wrong tool in HTML.

You also need to consider backward compatibility (although
this might simply be a case of specifying a single box style
before the new syntax).