Re: Token question

Jan Roland Eriksson wrote:

>> This brings to my mind a DOM issue related to comments : they are not
>> preserved by DOM level 2, which is a terrible thing from an author's
>> perspective.
>

> Care to elaborate a bit on why excluding comments from the parse tree
> would be bad for authors?
>
> As I see it, a comment "lives" in the source only, as means for authors
> to include "commentary only" info in the source.

What about a tool filtering or cleaning CSS style rules, or even a
validator with an output feature ?
I don't even speak of an html+css editor that should be able to present
the comments to the author !

> It should be noted that SGML says that comments in markup can never
> contain normative information and that they shall be dropped in the
> parsing process, and if so, a source code comment can not/shall not be
> used for anything but "stating notes in a source".

Seems you are missing something here... I want to see the comments
inserted in a CSS stylesheet appear in the CSS OM. We have everything in
CSS OM, including invalid rules (UnknownRule) but not the comments
because nobody knew where to attach them !
BTW, CSS comments are not SGML comments...

</Daniel>