RE: code for visually impaired users

> From:	Manos Batsis [SMTP:m.batsis@bsnet.gr]
>
> It's all on the css specs. If you are tired of reading long documents
> though,  just take a look on the stylesheets used in the W3C pages.

[DJW:]  I don't believe it is.  Although phrased as
an (off topic) "how to" question, this is implicitly
proposing something weaker than a media type.  Currently
the choice is between media types of screen, tty and aural.
What I think is being asked for is something that is
closer to screen than tty and is configured by the user
of a user agent that is fully capable of handling the
screen media type.

My view is that it would be a pointless exercise, as
virtually no-one uses the existing media types, and
most write as though there could be:

* { display: none }
@screen {
/* enable display for everything */
}

rather than writing most of their rules under @screen,
which what they usually mean.

Consequently, it seem rather unlikely that browser
suppliers would implement the necessary support.

As far as I can tell, even Mozilla doesn't have support
for sticky selection of named style sheets, which is how
one might emulate this now with HTML.

(Server side solutions are a different question.)