Re: % height on <html> (was Re: Table height/width properties)

On Fri, 06 Jul 2001 18:35:07 -0700, you wrote:

[...]

>Proposed errata for CSS2:
>Suggest (but not require) using the viewport height as the specified height
>of the containing block of a root element for the purposes of computing a
>percentage height value on that root element.

I have followed this thread to see what might come out of it.
This conclusion of yours is IMO fully acceptable as a solution for the
"height problem" of the root element.

My only "objection" would be on if it qualifies as an "errata" entry.
I would still like to see a CSS2.1 revision where all ambiguities that
has been under discussion could be ironed out so that we would have a
"final" CSS2 spec that is all correct as per consensus.

--
Jan Roland Eriksson .. <jrexon@newsguy.com>