Re: is CLASS case-sensistive?

> is CLASS case-sensistive?
>
> From: Joel N. Weber II (devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu)
> Date: Sat, Sep 06 1997

>    * Other mail archives: [this mailing list] [other W3C mailing lists]
>    * Mail actions: [ respond to this message ] [ mail a new topic ]

> Date: Sat, 6 Sep 1997 18:16:53 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
> To: www-style@w3.org
> Subject: is CLASS case-sensistive?
>
> It is entirely possible that I am blind, but I cannot find anything that
> tells me whether CLASS is case-sensitive.
>
> In other words, does the HTML
>
> <SPAN CLASS=FOO>
>
> match the rule
>
> .foo { background-color: red }

>    * Mail actions: [ respond to this message ] [ mail a new topic ]

The browsers I know of do not treat class-definitions case-sensitive, until I met Netscape 6 for the
macintosh, which does! So the answer on your question should be: yes. Users of adobe Golive should be
aware that Golive automatically changes the applied classes to lower-case, notwithstanding they might
be upper-case in the style-sheet. For me the argument to keep all class-definitions lowercase.
(Took me some hours to find out...)
Harry Koopman