Re: CSS and JSCRIPT

Gray Jonathan-AJG003C wrote:

> I have just received aproposal through for using .jss (javascript) to
> maintain the style sheets for a site.

Hopefully you'll use .js! (AFAIK, no software recognises .js as
associated with application/x-javascript).

> To recognise browsers etc etc, Does anyone know the limitations or problems
> of doing it this way if any ?

Try the comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets newsgroup, which is
dedicated to these problems: this is a technical mailing list for
discussion of the CSS specification itself.

But since you ask: you will exclude all those people who disable
JavaScript, and you also commit yourself to a major effort in terms of
multiple style sheets. You also face a problem in terms of new browsers,
which won't be picked up/or else they will be incorrectly recognised.
You could instead try hacks to avoid the problems; more tips on this can
be found at:

http://richinstyle.com/masterclass/crossbrowser.html

Please visit http://RichInStyle.com. Featuring:
MySite: customizable styles.         AlwaysWork style
Browser bug table covering all CSS2 with links to descriptions.
Lists of > 1000 browser bugs         Websafe Colorizer
CSS2, CSS1 and HTML4 tutorials.      CSS masterclass
CSS2 test suite: 5000++ tests and 300+ test pages.