At 14:09 15/12/2000 -0500, Ben Morris wrote:
>This may be slightly off topic, but I was wondering if anyone can tell me
>advantages/disadvantages by using styles within the <head> tags of each page
>as opposed to using the <link> tag and a .css file.  Obviously, using the
>latter would make each .htm file shorter, and reduce some download time for
>that file.
>
>The alternative would be to use a server-side include to insert the code in
>each page, which would offer the same sort of easy maintenance.

SSI would lose you some performance, for no good reason in this case. Imho
<link> is cleaner, better bandwidth-wise, and also has the advantage that
it won't interfere with the validity of your (x)html code. With an external
style sheet you don't have to escape < and friends.

-- robin b.
Immature poets imitate, mature poets steal. -- T.S. Eliot