RE: New Working Draft : BECSS

Jelks Cabaniss [mailto:jelks@jelks.nu] wrote:
>Ian Hickson wrote:
>> Because CSS are _cascading_ stylesheets, you can easily have two
>> files, one "style.css" and one "behaviour.becss", and have both linked
>> to your document, and have your server serve both as text/css, and
>> then you need not ever mix the style part of your CSS with the
>> behaviour part.
>
>If BECSS becomes a Recommendation, how many authors do you think
>would do that?

As many as makes sense.  Some authors will want to have their behavior
separate from their style, others will consider it all part of the same
presentation of their content.  CSS is about presentation, after all - and
like it or not, event handling and interactivity is part of presentation.
If it isn't, then we need to pull :hover, :active, :focus and :visited out
of CSS.

-Chris Wilson