Re: Packaging (was: Embedded style and style wrappers)

At 02:50 AM 9/27/99 +0200, Bert Bos wrote:
>The current moniker for the project is "XML Packaging," because the most
>vocal demands came from people on one of the XML working groups, and
>because "XML" is the word that sells at the moment. It is evidently not
>the intention to package only XML files, and the name of the format itself
>(if there will be one) has not been discussed at all yet.

Tim Bray just published an essay on this packaging at:
http://www.textuality.com/xml/why-pkg.html

I've also had a proposal for such packaging up at:
http://purl.oclc.org/NET/xpdl

It seems like a good idea to me, but we'll see how it goes.

Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer (2nd Ed - September)
Building XML Applications
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies