Re: Minor error in CSS2, section 14.2; 'background'

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, gordon wrote:

> I don't want to cause trouble, but when I look at
> html40/struct/global.html#h-7.3 nothing there indicates that style is
> an attribute of the html element.  I've always been under the
> impression that the body element is the "root [display] node" of an
> html document.

No, the root element of an HTML document is the HTML element. The fact
that that element doesn't take the style attribute is not important to CSS
-- most XML implementations will probably not have a 'style' attribute on
most elements.

--
Ian Hickson
: Is your JavaScript ready for Nav5 and IE5?