Re: Do Explorer 5 support CSS2 ???

>> >http://webreview.com/wr/pub/guides/style/mastergrid.html
>
>In my previous message I forgot to ask if the page mentioned above
>contains a comprehensive list of CSS2 properties?

   No, it does not.  It only covers CSS1 at the present time.

>Are they ALL mentioned, and if not, what is not and why not?

   Because CSS2 is really huge-- even the delta between CSS1 and CSS2 is
overwhelming.  It will take me time to assemble testing resources, rate
each browser for CSS2 compliance, enter the data, and publish the grid.
Given the sheer magnitude of the job, I'm very seriously considering an
approach where I publish charts one section at a time.

>I also wonder if the bug reports that were used to compile the
>grid are posted or accessible anywhere?

   The best place to start is the CSS Test Suite[1] on the W3C Web site.
This forms the foundation of the testing procedure used to come up with my
ratings, although there are some private pages (and general Web surfing)
which also go into the ratings.  Plus reports on ciwas[2], which I use when
appropriate.

>As I find that some
>properties actually work with Navigator that are listed as not
>working, I would like to understand why they were listed as not
>working.

   If a line of ratings has a "note" tab at the end (far right side) of the
line, you can select that to be taken to a page which lists as many
explanations as I had time to enter.  If you have particular issue with a
certain rating, you can always e-mail me directly with a test page you've
constructed which shows something other than what I rated, and which
contradicts my explanation (if any) of why I gave the rating.

[1] http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/
[2] news:comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets

--
Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html