CSS equivalent to WRAP?


   A discussion recently cropped up on the WSP Standards list to the effect
of "how come neither HTML or CSS have the WRAP attribute, or its
equivalent, for TEXTAREA elements?"  I postulated that 'white-space' might
be that equivalent, but not too many people bought it-- including me, once
I really thought about it.  'white-space: normal' would cause the collapse
of whitespace in the user input, plus 'white-space' applies to block-level
elements, which TEXTAREA is not (right?).
   So does CSS have an equivalent of TEXTAREA WRAP?  If not, should it be
added to the list of things to consider for CSS3?


Eric A. Meyer  -  eam3@po.cwru.edu  -  http://www.cwru.edu/home/eam3.html
 Editor, Style Sheets Reference Guide  http://style.webreview.com/
 Coordinator, CSS1 Test Suite          http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/
 Member, WSP CSS Technical Committee   http://www.webstandards.org/

Received on Thursday, 28 January 1999 15:54:10 UTC