Re: CSS2 implementation

At 18:35 11-8-99 +0200, you wrote:

> LDB> <HTML><BODY><anon> TEXT IS NI<EM>C</EM>E</anon></BODY></HTML>
>

>Hence the following wold be correct with EM { vertical-align: top; }

I don't think it is. The large C's vertical alignment has no result,
because it's the largest inlinebox within the linebox.

> LDB>   TEXT IS NI|--E
> LDB>             |__
>
>While this would normally be the only correct rendering:

No matter how you valign [1] the large C, the result will always be:
(except when you vertical align the other text "TEXT IS N" and "E" through
making this text appear in inline-boxes in stead of anonymous inline boxes.
The inline-boxes valign-property must also be changed.)

> LDB>             |--
> LDB>   TEXT IS NI|__E
>

>--
>Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
> \         Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bullshit before

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/visudet.html#propdef-vertical-align

greets,

Mark Ament