Re: New Working Draft : BECSS

Jelks Cabaniss a écrit :

> I am curious as to what has happened to Action Sheets.  The first editor of
> BECSS mentioned is Vidur Apparao of Netscape (who also submitted CAS), yet BECSS
> reads like it popped right out of Redmond.  I thought CAS a superior mechanism
> than using CSS style sheets to bring in scripts.  What were the reasons for
> dropping CAS in favor of "CSS behaviors"?

Sorry to say so but you have it wrong, Jelks. Vidur participated
actively in the conception of the BECSS document and the "actions"
part of the document exactly reflects the adaptation of the original
Netscape submission to the actual or future state of art of W3C.

The document results in a long and very positive discussion between
Microsoft (Chris Wilson) and Netscape (Vidur Apparao), in the
CSS+FP WG. I played the role of Candide comparing both solutions
and preaching for harmonization. I also wrote a part of the document.

Both original submissions to W3C contain very valuable stuff and
the time we spent in teleconferences and editing process has not
been lost.

Jelks, you know me and my opinions and I hope that this comment
is enough to change your point of view. Microsoft played the game
following the rules and cannot be blamed at all for that. On the
contrary, both MS and NS deserve congratulations for building this
doc together.

</Daniel>