Re: default.css

Susan Lesch writes:
 > Tantek Celik wrote:
 >
 > > MacIE4.01 addresses this problem (and many others).
 >
 > Yes, 4.01 was released today.
 >
 > Perhaps my report yesterday wasn't clear? The CSS2 Recommendation cover is
 > _illegible_ in MSIE 4.0a Mac. It is mainly a _blank page_. The editors
 > kindly commented out those "list-style:none" style rules in response to
 > reports in March, but somehow those rules are back in the final
 > Recommendation.

I'd hate to lose the 'list-style:none'. Is it possible to create a
user style sheet that will undo just this rule? In MSIE under Windows
there is an "accessibility" button (under "Internet options ->
general") that allows one to install a user style sheet. If that
exists on the Mac, a style sheet containing just the rule

    UL LI {list-style: disc !important}

ought to take care of the problem.

Could somebody test that?

Bert

PS. now I finally understand why the user style sheet is put under
accessibility :-)

  http://www.w3.org/people/bos/                              W3C/INRIA