Re: default.css

At 2:37 PM -0700 13/5/98, Todd Fahrner wrote:
>Tantek Celik wrote (12:06 PM -0700 5/13/98):
>" MacIE4.01 addresses this problem (and many others).
>
>Which, by the way, was released today:
>
>http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/ieplatform/ie4mac/ie4conf/ie4preconfig.asp
>
>Mac-bound CSS cave divers: this is hands-down the best CSS implementation
>to date for Macintosh. Thanks Tantek! The rest of you: get it!
>
>I do note that vertical margins set on BLOCKQUOTE through CSS render twice
>what they should. Some CSS trouble with forms and tables, too (not
>necessarily in combination).

This *fixes* problems?  I've just installed this, and it is not playing
nice with the Core style sheets on the Mac.

There seem to be some major problems with ie4.01 for Mac, the core
Stylesheets and images.  My homepage looks fine with IE4.72.xxx on a PC.
It looks ok with Netscape 4 on a Mac though the font is a bit large for my
text.  But the new version of IE is laying out the graphics on the page
over top of the text.  The page is HTML 3.2 and bog-standard as far as
layout goes.  The <h1> and first paragraph are not being displayed at all,
just the first image.

Turn off the style sheets and the page displays normally.

The page in question for the brave at heart is

http://www.jcu.edu.au/~imla/

Lynn

lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au  | More of your conversation would infect
lalford@nyx.net         | my brain.  Coriolanus