Re: Class and ID

At 20.29 +0200 98-05-08, Martin Skjöldebrand wrote:
>I've been reading the book on Cascading Style Sheets by Lie and Bos.
>Could someone please explain the difference between .class and #id,
>and give an example of when one would like to use one instead of the
>other? Perhaps I'm a bit thick but I don't really get the difference.

An id has to be unique in a document, while several elements can belong to
the same class. Hence, id should only be used when you want to manipulate
the style of one certain piece of the document, and only that, while class
can be used with more than one piece of the document.

I don't see a case when you can use an id and can not use a class, though.

Vänliga hälsningar
Carl Johan Berglund

___Carl_Johan_Berglund_________________________
   Adverb Information