Re: OPINIONS WANTED: regexps in CSS? (Re: Suggestion for Attribute Selectors)

Ahh, Opinions ;-)

  Regular expressions would be useful in simplifying some CSS2 expressions,
  at the expense of style sheet readability (unless well documented).
  However,  I fell that the strengths outweigh this weaknesses, and would
  support this feature.

  Perhaps some of the 'hard-wired' CSS2 pattern-matched selectors could
  be written as regex macros, allowing for easier selector extensibility?

  I haven't looked into this in detail, but are there not some issues in
  building a regex language that works properly with Unicode and within
  SGML/XML documents?

Ian
--
Ian Graham ......................... Centre for Academic Technology
i a n   d o t   g r a h a m    a t    u t o r o n t o   d o t   c a