Re: CSS <LINK> and Netscape

Ian,
    the LINK does work in Netscape 4 plus, but Communicator is VERY picky.
If you make a SINGLE mistake with your style sheet syntax Netscape will
usually dump the whole sheet!!

Also remember the CSS file can contain nothing but CSS comments and style
rules.

Try this:-

/*this is junk2.css*/
H1{font-size:72pt;color:red;}

and heres the HTM file.

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<LINK REL=STYLESHEET TYPE="text/css" HREF="junk2.css" TITLE="junk">
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<H1>A HEADING</H1>
</BODY>
</HTML>

This does work with communicator.
Try quoting color or putting a space between 72 and pt ( common syntax
errors )and see what happens.

Frank

Frank Boumphrey
XML and style sheet info at Http://www.hypermedic.com/style/index.htm