Author: - Professional Style Sheets for HTML and XML http://www.wrox.com
-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Samson <IDSamson@beauty.hsrc.ac.za>
To: www-style@w3.org <www-style@w3.org>
Date: Wednesday, July 08, 1998 7:38 AM
Subject: CSS2 Syntax: tables

From: http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-CSS2/tables.html#h-17.6
Here is an example:
TD.blue {border: medium solid blue} TD.thick {border: thick
solid red}
TD.double {border: thick double black} TR {border: medium
dotted green}
with this document:
<P>
<TABLE>
<TR><TD>1<TD class="blue">2<TD>2
<TR><TD>4<TD class="thick">5<TD>6
<TR><TD>7<TD class="double">8<TD>9
</TABLE>

Am I missing something here? What is the purpose of defining "TD.blue" when
simple ".blue" would suffice? Same goes for the other occurrences. Also, are
the
double-quotes around the attributes entirely necessary; "blue", "thick",
"double", when
<TD CLASS=blue>, <TD CLASS=thick> and <TD CLASS=double> work just as well?

Regards,
Ian Samson
Electronic Publishing (SBN/MSDN/HWG Member)
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Voice:  [+27(0)12] 302 2013   Fax: [+27(0)12] 302 2445
Organisation #: [+27(0)12] 302 2999
http://www.hsrc.ac.za/
--
Opinions expressed in this message are my own
and do not reflect official policy of the HSRC.