RE: Media Types

> Todd Fahrner [SMTP:fahrner@pobox.com] wrote:
>Some of my questions were rhetorical, but others genuine. I'm glad to that
>IE4 supports alternate media, but I dispute the last bit: The em unit seems
>not to be supported for printed output, at least not as a horizontal linear
>measure (an indent for instance). The value used appears to be a pixel or
>something else really small.

I see.  This is a bug we didn't detect before shipping - my apologies, this
does limit the usefulness of ems (not in all cases - for example, using ems
in 'font-size' does not suffer from this scaling problem).  I've put this in
our bug database so we can get it fixed for IE5.

Thanks,

-Chris Wilson
 Internet Explorer Team
 cwilso@microsoft.com