RE: CSS-positioned OBJECT vs. frames -- Resizability

"Seems," I think, is very appropriate.<g>

The comment beside the definition of this attribute reads "submit as part of
form," and there is a hyperlink to section 17.4 (The INPUT element). AFAICT,
the spec only discusses the use of OBJECT's name attribute in conjunction
with forms. It doesn't appear to me that the spec intends for OBJECT to be
targetable.

>  OBJECT already supports a NAME attribute
> (although ID would probably be more appropriate).  TARGET="_top"
> becomes the browser window itself, TARGET="_parent" the document
> containing the OBJECT in which the link appears, etc.  That wouldn't
> even require a change to the HTML 4.0 Transitional DTD, just a change
> in interpretation.

I don't think this is a matter of interpreting the spec a certain way, but
would require adding language to it.

Braden