Re: Style sheet and Netscape

On Mon, 03 Aug 1998 17:27:06 +0200, Joel Jancovic <joj@altique.com>
wrote:

> I define the style before the body section :

> <!--
> body	{ color: blue }
> //-->

Ok, but not quite right...

> <!--
> body	{ color: blue }
> //-->

Same thing really...

===

First of all, you may want to get your syntax for CSS right.
This is not a case of including Javascript into your doc.
Try this instead...

    <!-- body { color: blue } -->

Secondly, even if it's "allowed" for browsers to treat attributed markup
in their own way, I would say that the preffered action to take is to
treat attributed markup as "styling on the lowes possible level" so that
any style rule in a style-sheet is allowed to override markup and
attributes in HTML wherever there is a "clash" between them.

In your example, the properties set in the BODY rule shall be inherited
all the way into all parts of the document, and with a higher priority,
thus _overriding_ any FONT markup found in the doc.

So in effect, MSIE4 is doing the right thing here.

--
Jan Roland Eriksson <rex@css.nu>