Re: First look at CSS in Netscape 4 Beta2

At 01:24 25/02/97 -0800, bloo@blooberry.com wrote:

>CSS1 Features Not Supported:
>     - In-line styles (STYLE attribute) not supported
>     - CLASS as selectors: use of CLASS kept yielding JavaScript
>       errors (??)

The problem is rtelated with the text/css MIME type as far as investigated
(thanks to Dr Marcus Hennecke in the latex2html mailing list who checked
this carefully).

Communicator ignores the text/css type when transmitted by the server and
then tries to interpret external style sheets with its JSS thing (I don't
want to go into this and don't want to know what this is...).

The only way to avoid such errors is by declaring external style sheets
with a forced type to "text/css".

<link rel="styleshhet" type="text/css" href="my.nice.style.sheet.css">

Of course, I refuse to do this with all my CSS'ed documents. Netscape has
to fix this.
--
Christian Perrier
Office National d'Etudes et Recherches Aerospatiales