RE: Pixels 'n points (CSS1 browser test)

I am, I confess, a bit confused by your post.  How exactly is Microsoft
"choking" in "applying a simple, clear standard for document
presentation"?  I'll grant you, our CSS implementation does have bugs -
show me any current commercial software over 5000 lines that doesn't -
but I believe they are growing fewer and further between every day I
show up to work, and I also believe we adhere to the vast majority of
the specification, both in intent and in letter.  There are some missing
bits, but not too many - and our release notes will detail exactly what
is missing and what is implemented, and what shortcomings are present in
our implementation.  Our goal is, and has been for all of the IE cycle,
to implement the CSS1 specification as precisely as possible.  If you
have specific problems with our implementation, please report them - all
bug reports go into our bug database, and get tracked and resolved.  If
there are specific features in the specification that you feel we're not
paying attention to, let us know - the more requests we hear for a
specific feature, the more it moves up in priority for us.  If you'd
like more features in the specification, obviously, discuss them on this
list or send them to the W3C.

If you're talking about IE3, forget it.  IE3 was a proof-of-concept,
drive-stylesheets-acceptance implementation.  The CSS1 specification
wasn't finalized until almost six months after the final release of IE3.

	-Chris
Chris Wilson
cwilso@microsoft.com
***