Re: Issue 1: Font-weight and headings

Todd Fahrner wrote:
> Right. So what do y'all say we harness some of the smarts and energy
here
> to produce an exhaustively-specified "default" stylesheet for all
HTML 4
> elements? Not a "designery" one, but one representing typical
> out-of-the-box rendering of all HTML elements in the dominant
browsers.

Sounds like a good idea.

There is no need for a default stylesheet identical for all browsers,
but default stylesheets should have as few declarations as possible to
get the desired effect. This implies as many default declarations in
HTML as possible, so that authors can count on inheritance in
situations where users have not created custom sheets.

> We'll know we're done when we can't tell whether it's being appled or
not

The best stylesheet will be the one that does it with the fewest
declarations.

David Perrell