Re: Issue 2: Horizontal Rule properties

S.N.Brodie@ecs.soton.ac.uk wrote:
> David Perrell wrote:
> >
> > Shading should be definable through the use of colored borders. For
> > example, light borders at left and top, dark borders at bottom and
> > right = 3-D effect.
> >
> > Ideally, the border colors will abut diagonally, like a picture
frame:
> >    ___________________________
> >   | ____________light________/|
> >   | |                       | |
> >   | |_______________________| |
> >   |/____________dark__________|
>
> That assumes that the light source is top left.  Is that a reasonable
> assumption to make?  I know I programmed my 3D-boxes to assume
top-left
> light and bottom-right dark but I'd never really considered whether
it was
> sensible or not.

Only sensible inasmuch as it matches the pseudo-dimensionality of MS
Windows. Hopefully, some future UA will allow setting programmable
light sources that can track the sun's path. I fear that this constant
upper-left lighting could be corrupting the mind and may even cause
genetic mutation.

David Perrell