Re: RGB vs HSL -- color standard for CSS

Daniel McFarlane wrote:

> CSS Committee,

For what it's worth, this is a list, not a CSS Committee.

> Hello,
>
> Please adopt the HSL convention for specifying color instead of RGB.
>
> I agree with Steven Pemberton (CWI, Amsterdam) that HSL would improve
> the usability of the CSS standard.

Some of us who have subscribed to this list for the express
purpose of discussing current and proposed developments in
CSS fail to see any viable purpose in the deluge of 'me,
too' postings concerning the adoption of HSL in lieu of
RGB.  Understanding full well that Dr. Pemberton solicited
these responses both by private e-mail and by posting to
comp.human-factors, I question his motivation.  I'll never
know what it was, however, since my killfile will now
include subject/HSL and sender/Pemberton.

Eric Meyer (re:HSL Troll) is certainly not alone in his
expressed irritation at this incessant spamming.  Some of us
are more vocal than others.

Sue Jordan