RE: Support for HSL colour specification

Isn't that, then, the gap authoring tools should fill in?

Most important in CSS is the *function* of the standard for providing a means of consistent layout--that is, it is first a machine-readable format. That it is human-readable as well is certainly an added convenience. But since--as far as I can tell--HSL will add no new function to the appearance CSS is capable of describing, I think there are more important pursuits in finalizing the specification.

The fine points of a user interface to the specification are exactly what authoring tools are designed (or, at least, *should be* designed) to provide.

Braden