Re: Cascading Style Sheets

On Dec 1,  9:44pm, Clive Bruton wrote:

> >L*A*B color is supposed to show every shade of color you can think of, but
> >does it really do any good? RGB can show more colors than CMYK can, but
> >there shades that CMYK is capable of but not RGB.
>
> There are?

Yes

> I guess it's possible that there are, but I've always thought the
> opposite,

neither gamut is a proper subset of the other.

>  and even if there were you couldn't see them anyway, since you
> see in RGB.

No you don't. ;-)

For the visually oriented such as myself - an RGB gamut is triangular;
a CMYK gamut is an irregular rough hexagon which doesn't cover the corners
of the triangle but pokes out a bit round the middle of each side of the
triangle. The human visual gamut is a tongue shaped thing with a flat
base, and completely covers both the tiangle, the hexagon, and a bunch
of space not covered by either.