Re: space

On Sep 23,  2:43am, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:

> [about ISOpub entities]

> None of those are usable for computer source code, however. In source
> code, a specific number of space characters can be vital to the correct
> functioning of the program!

Clearly.

> Currently, HTML is unusable as a means of
> transmitting source code; other content types must be used instead.

Why, what is wrong with the <code> and <pre> tags? I have seens a substantial
amount of source code in various languages embeddd in HTML documents, and the
pre element appeared to be quite sufficient for this.

The only thing that appears to be missing and which might, after discussion, be
advisible is preservation of multiple spaces inside code elements. Thety are
already preserved inside pre elements.

+33 93 65 79 87            06902 Sophia Antipolis Cedex, France