Re: ESPNet uses stylesheets

Carl,
have you tried "Times New Roman"? That's the full name on Windows. Also does
just specifying times bring up any times font? Are you saying that MSIE does
not use its default font if there is a font it can't find specified in the
body? If I have no default in the body and it can't find a font it uses the
default.

You're right about the multiple font suggestions. This is badly broken and
very much necessary for graceful degradation of designs. I use a font not
many people have on their computers and require an alternate. Especially I
want to use the general suggestion of sans-serif.

Steve

At 03:08 AM 7/26/96 +0000, you wrote:
>| From: Thomas Reardon <thomasre@MICROSOFT.com>
>| To: 'www-style@w3.org'
>| Subject: ESPNet uses stylesheets
>| Date: Thursday, July 25, 1996 5:48 PM
>|
>| check out http://espnet.sportszone.com/editors/altanta96/
>
>atlanta of course...  I would like to know what browser they tested it
>on...  "font-family: "times roman" doesn't work on MSIE without the
>"times roman" font installed...  They also applied overkill by
>redefining the defaults...  also, multiple font defines do not work
>with MSIE...
>
>I think they really screwed things up there...

 _/     City Gallery - History of Photography
          http://www.webcom.com/cityg

 _/     PhotoGen -  Photography and Genealogy Mailing List
          http://genealogy.org/~mangold

_/     Member:  National Stereoscopic Association
         http://www.tisco.com/3d-web/nsa/nsa.htm

          Steve Knoblock
          Webmaster/Listowner
          knoblock@worldnet.att.net