Re: Functionality of Note via CSS?

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Charles Peyton Taylor wrote:

> Is there a way of acheiving the functionality of the
> note element (from the defunct HTML 3.0) using HTML
> 3.2 (or 2.0) and CSS?

No SRC is 3.2  which is a shame.  They also proposed adding it to H? as well.

> I can see using a paragraph with a class, but how would
> I specify the accompanying icon using CSS?  (ie. not
> using the IMG HTML element.)

I suppose you could extend the scope of the pseudo-class.  By definition
these images would probably be considered "alternatie images" since
they'd only load upon interpretation of the stylesheet and they don't
convey any necessary information as much as they draw attention to
information.

Email |  mailto:cpj1@winternet.com
Web   |  http://www.winternet.com/~cpj1/