Re: Frames - does anyone like them?

Paul Prescod writes:

> In other words, Frames should be specified in style sheets.

Fisher Mark adds
> Very good point -- Frames should be in style sheets.
> Unfortunately, I haven't studied CSS yet -- any experts
> wish to speak up?

There is a W3C working draft on this topic, see:

	www.w3.org/pub/WWW/TR/WD-layout.html

A major revision will be released shortly designed to make it
much easier to implement wysiwyg editor support, as well as
non-rectangular regions, multicolumn text and effects like shadows
and soft focus borders. Another benefit is the ability to load
the frames and their content in one go, rather than always having
to go over the net repeatedly for each of the frames to get their
contents.

Dave Raggett