Re: Response to SMIL 2.1Last Call comment: 2005JanMar/0027.html

Thierry,
SYMM WG,

Le 22 mars 2005, à 05:31, Thierry MICHEL a écrit :
> Karl,
>
> The W3C SYMM thank you for your comments on SMIL 2.1 sent
>
>    * From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
>    * Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 14:53:09 -0500
>    * Archived:
>      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-smil/2005JanMar/0027.html
>

> W3C SYMM thanks members of QA for their comments on SMIL 2.1.
> SYMM WG has the following responses to these comments:
>
> To fullfil your requirement of publishing a SMIL 2.1 Full spec, we
> propose the following:
> - We will issue a "diff spec" for Candidate Recommendation. We will
> mention in the CR "Stattus of this document" that we plan to issue a
> "Full spec" for Proposed Recommendation.
> We would not need to go back to LC WD if we issued a "full spec", as
> it is only an editorial update.

I'm very satisfied by this part. I accept it.

> During CR SYMM WG will provide an Implementation Report of SMIL 2.1
> new functionalities and a Test Suite.

This worries me a bit. I will try to explain. When making the
implementation report for the new functionalities, could you make sure
that they create any kind of interoperability problems with the old
features of the specification, specifically when there are dependencies
between features in the specification.

> We will add an appendix associating SMIL 2.1 new modules to W3C Patent
> Policy (PP)  and  former modules SMIL 2.0 to former patent policy.

Great.

I would like to notice and record officially the rapidity of the
answers and the very good cooperation of everyone dealing with this
issue. It shows the competencies of the SYMM WG.
Thanks.

> Please acknowledge this SYMM WG response by replying to this mail and
> copying the SMIL public mailing list: www-smil@w3.org
> <mailto:www-smil@w3.org?
> Subject=Re:%20Response%20to%20SMIL%202.1Last%20Call%20comment:%202005Ja
> nMar%2F0015.html&In-Reply-
> To=%3C42275177.6070903@w3.org%3E&References=%3C42275177.6070903@w3.org%
> 3E>
>
> Best,