RE: Synhronisation between smil and html

Hi Bjorn -

While SMIL 1 cannot describe the kind of presentation you describe, the SYMM
working group is current considering approaches to integration of SMIL with
XHTML and other XML languages. We'll add this use-case the requirements for
the solutions we consider.

One issue here is that as HTML evolves (e.g. to XHTML 1.1 and XHTML 2.0),
there are calls to deprecate frame support. Nevertheless, we still will have
issues associated with synchronization among several documents in a document
set (such as the navigation set you describe).

Patrick