Re: Synhronisation between smil and html

Bjorn,

SMIL 1.0 doesn't directly address your stated requirements.  However, the
RealPlayer does.  To accomplish your goals, you would set  up the three frames
as follows:

1)  RealPlayer Frame.  The RealPlayer stream can include a RealEvents stream.
This stream can direct the browser to load new content in the second frame at
timed intervals.  This is documented at:
http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/producer7/producer.htm

2)  Content Frame.  This could contain some placeholder information.  It would
be populated by the instructions sent from the events stream.

3)  Table of Contents Frame.  The table of contents would contain entries with
hyperlinks that kicked off a script request to control the player.  The way most
people implement this is to have the script seek the player to a given time
index.  The available scripting options are documented at:
http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/extend/embed.htm

If you have any further questions about this, feel free to contact me directly.

-steve j

--
Steve Jacobson - Product Manager - RealNetworks, Inc.
2601 Elliott Ave, Seattle, WA 98121