[Fwd: embedding smil in html documents]

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Hugo Amorim <hcfa@rnl.ist.utl.pt>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 13:12:26 -0400 (EDT)
  • Subject: [Moderator Action] embedding smil in html documents
  • To: <www-smil@w3.org>
After reading some of the messages in this newsgroup, I became a little bit
confused...
As far as I understand, with the new SMIL Boston, one will be able to insert
smil code-fragments into an html document, so they can be display in a
normal browser, is that right?! Isn't that possible with SMIL 1.0?!

Another question that puzzles me: is it possible to run a smil file
generated by an XSL stylesheet (from a XML file!) without actually writing
it to a file?

thankx

Hugo Amorim
Student